Never fear, I'm back. . . . and quite honestly better then ever.
I have spent the last 5 weeks back home in Jersey ( yes we call it Jesrey) Little man got to meet my entire crazy family and he soaked up every second.
I on the other hand was given a 5 week refresher course in life. Realizing the amazingness that is my life. It's so easy when your stuck in the rut of day to day living to not realize what you've got. Here's what I've realized I have over the course of the last 5 weeks.
1. an amazing husband. yes we fight, annoy, and upset each other. But he is truly my partner in life. Being "on my own" for the last 5 weeks I realized just how much I have come to rely on him. He is my calming force. My center of balance. My biggest fan and also my toughest critic. But in a good way. A way that makes me constantly striving to be better. Do better.
2. A great house that is all our own. Moving around from house to house was tricky. My ocd went hay wire when I wasn't able to organize the cabinets, fridge, bedrooms ect. Here I have everything situated and organized just like I like it. It was great being able to stay up till all hours of the night being with my sisters, my grandparents, aunt's uncles, and cousins... but there really is no place like home, even if it is a rental. . . it's still ours for the next 7 months and it's exactly the way I like it.
3. an amazing family, and this part I knew deep down in my heart, but had forgotten just how great they were until actually being face to face. Watching each and every one of them love and snuggle my precious baby boy was what I had been longing to see for the last 6 months. Finally being there and seeing them blew my expectations out of the water. He is the only baby on my side of the family and the next oldest cousin is 11. So there were little 30some people ewwwwing and awwwwing over this little guy and he loved every second just as much as his mommy.
4. My son is nothing short of incredible. No matter where we were, what we were doing, he was as happy as a clam. He was literally tossed from stranger to stranger and he was just as happy with this one as the last. He napped anywhere, played anywhere, and despite being on no schedule of any kind he still Rocked. He is truly the happiest, most easy going child I have ever known. and there are at least 30 other family members that agree :o)
5. Finally the last lesson of my 5 weeks is that I am capable of far more then I give myself credit for. I really am an awesome mom. And before you click the "x" and move onto the next blog I say this because I have seriously questioned and doubted my ability every second since I found out this little guy was nestled down in my utuerus. There is something so ferocious about a mother's love and now I understand it. I would go to the ends of the earth to protect my little man. There is absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do for him, or give to him. and I am loving every second of being his mommy
Adios Mis Amigos,