Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How to clean your house and keep it clean.... no seriously!!!




Now that we are settled into our new place and I'm getting into the swing of things. I'm back on track to my quest for Domestic Awesomeness!

What is Domestic Awesomeness you may ask? Well, so glad you did. It's my own personal quest to be an awesome wife, amazing mom, fantastic housekeeper, and to cook at least 3 times a week (lets not get carried away) ((cooking is by far my least favorite task when it comes to all of this ))

So, like I was saying, now that we are all settled in, and I'm back on track, I've started up my Cleaning Regimen.  But, I like to keep it real. We are all busy, kids to chase after, life to keep up with. My idea of clean is organized and not dirty. If you walk into my house at any given time, I'm sure you will find debris, but Lord willing .... nothing will be gross, dirty, or unsanitary!!!!

So, what's my secret..... a chore chart..... for ME! Sure you hand out chores to the kids, even ask the hubs to help out occasionally, but I find the only thing that honestly keeps me on track and on top of the mess is to write it all down and check it off the list one by one!

I have daily stuff I do every single day. . . .
make the beds, and tidy the bedroom
tidy up the bathroom from getting ready
Each person has a designated laundry day
Every Room in the house has a designated deep cleaning day
In the evening, I clean up the kitchen, counters, stove, load the dishwasher and do a quick sweep up on the kitchen floors.
Finally before little man's bedtime, we do the clean up game.... set a timer for 1 minute and race around picking up all the toys

All in all I can say I honestly spend about 1 hour a day doing everything above, only about 20 minutes seriously getting down and dirty cleaning.


This is my weekly chore chart that has everyone's laundry day, the room cleaning, and then on days when I'm feeling extra AWESOME I pull out one of the Bonus items... I think those get done about every 1-2 months.... which is fine cause they are the things that don't need to get done every week :o) 

It's not rocket science, but sometimes the life of a stay at home mom gets nuts. Sure we may not run out to the office 5 days a week for 8 hours a day, but I guarentee that life is just as chaotic and crazy and there is surely no scheduled break times . . . .

So this is how I clean my house, and keep it clean.... whats your secret????



Adios Mis Amigos,

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning is a profession in and of itself. It's always easy to miss, since people are often spoiled into thinking it's a given; especially when they are used to walking into well-maintained buildings and the like. But the level of work it takes is no small feat. Even removing floor grease requires equipment.

    TotalCleanEquip.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!