Monday, February 14, 2011

V Day

Here's the thing . . .. . I love my husband... from the depths of my soul. I feel both honored and blessed to know that I have found someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with. Well except on those days when he is annoying the heck out of me. Then I can't get rid of him soon enough, but everyone has their moments , right?

He was super sweet all day Sunday and spent the entire day being great.  He took little man out grocery shopping for a delicious breakfast, which meant mama got to sleep in (hooray). Made my favorite blueberry wheat pancakes (yippee) and we spent the day in happy bliss. I even got a spa pedicure out of it all which makes me seriously  happy.

The thing that bugs me.... is the emphasis on this one day.

As I sat this morning stalking faceook with my morning cup-o-coffee I was nauseated with all of the PDA. Husbands telling their wives how much they love them. Wives ranting and raving about their husbands. Boy friends and girlfriends posting all sort of lovey doveyness on their significant others. All very much public displays. I had to laugh at some, knowing the guys pretty well, and seeing their outwardly (complete contradictions to their real world personalities) displays of affection.

I'm not a valentines hater... I'm simply a 365 tell 'em how you feel kind of girl. Sure I benefited by the hubs being taken up in the commercialness.... I loved every second of my "valentines day" but . . . if this was the only day each year he treated me like this.. I would start to get a complex.....

on that note.... Happy Valentines day my friends 




Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!