As we are approaching little man's 1 year birthday. . .. there are many things I wish I had known over the course of this year. But what an amazing year it has been. Full of amazing blessings, hilarious memories, and scary learning expierences... here are just a few of the things I wish 364 days ago . . . .. .
1. Labor would be fine. NO Really Fine.
2. Okay, well your lady parts do get jacked up a bit, you have some crazy blood loss issues and are near death for about 2 hours.. but .... your fine now :o)
3. The epidural would be the worst part, and 2 minutes of torture is worth 4 hours of pain free labor and delivery
4. The second you see his amazing chubby cheeks (both sets hahaha) nothing else will matter.
5. Don't stress about him eating, this boy has an amazing appetite, relax, take a deep breath, and don't stress.
6. He will love his tummy, sleep like a champ on his tummy, and be completely fine!!!
7. Everything you used to think was important will pale in comparison to sleep, food, and prayer.
8. You can do it. . . nothing that you come up against in this first year is beyond your ability.
9. When in doubt. Laugh. Poop all over him, you , and the sofa, Laugh.
10. He will try to "hold his breath" and its okay. Don't rush to the E.R. he's fine....
11. DON'T LET HIM FALL OFF THE BED @ 7 months!!! you'll never live this one down with Rick
12. Take more pictures... every single day he grows and changes, you'll need something to remind you of the way it was.
13. Don't rush it.... he'll learn to roll over, sit, crawl, and walk in his own time. And once he learns it there is no going back.... cherish the inability to move !!!!!
14. When he wakes up cough, congested, and fever.... give him motrin and turn on a hot steamy shower... stand in the bathroom and let the steam clear his breathing. . . . it will be okay.... repeat .... it will be okay
15. Don't let anyone push you into doing things that go against your mommy instinct. You have it. Trust it!
16. Ahhhh buy the breast pump ahead of the hospital. Just do it!!!! your boobies will thank you!!!
The list goes on and on.... but "if I had it to do all over again.... These are the most important!!!
Adios Mis Amigos,