Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday... You gotta have Faith Part II


Man, today continues the overwelming emotions. I am feeling a bit more at peace with some things. Others are still nagging at my soul. We are coming up to some major decisions and changes in the Baby Maker Casa. Decisions I'm not really ready to share with the world.... but working through. 
(no I'm not preggo!!!) 
It's a tricky thing. That "thing" being faith. When I was in high school I wore a necklace every single day. It was my great-grandmothers. It was a little glass bubble with a mustard seed inside. I was always amazed at the teeny tiny size of such a little seed. That teeny tiny little seed grows into a plant that is Ginormous. 
The verse on the back of the pendant read, " if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.."

It was my sort of "mantra" during that crazy time of my life. I hated school, with a passion. I set the new all time record my senior year of missing 63 days and still somehow managed to get A's and B's and graduate.

I was miserable at home. My parents were both in an ugly phase of their lives, and their marriage, and I hated both of them.

I had a few friends, that I loved to pieces, friends that I took refuge in but at the end of the day I spent alot of time alone. Any time I would get discouraged, would feel like throwing in the towell I would say it over and over again in my head.

As we jump into this new phase of our lives, I'm putting all of my faith in God. Knowing that HE has brought us to this place. HE will carry us through the dark times, the scary times. He will lift us up when the dust settles and we are ready to rejoice. 





Sometimes life is tough, sometimes it stinks, sometimes it's so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes. The thing is, God is there in all of those moments. Trusting God even when I don't trust myself. That is faith, or at least what faith means to me. 

Today I am reminding myself that God is in control. 
God will wrap us up and carry us through this time of unknown.


Adios Mis Amigos,

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear y'all are enduring a rough patch.
    BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the best for you and your family.

    It is said in Islam by Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) that It will be said, 'O, Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will say, 'O Lord, my followers!' Then He will say, 'Go and take out (all those) in whose hearts there is faith even to the lightest, lightest mustard seed. (Take them) out of the Fire.' I will go and do so."

    God truly is the most merciful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!