Sunday, April 4, 2010

when I grow up I wanna be . . . .

So before I was an Accidental Baby Maker I was just me. Now that I am Little Man's mom I decided to take a day that is only about me. No talk of baby or hubs, just me...well I'm sure I'll talk about them, but you know what I mean :o)

I'm finding myself at a cross roads, I have been in this place before and each time made the same decision. I'm feeling like now that I am a mom and responsible for another human life its time for me to get my professional life on track.  On one hand I have absolutely loved being a nanny for the past 9+ years. I have loved watching children grow. Being a part of their lives, memories, and becoming a part of so many families. But is this really something that I want to do for the rest of my life? Now that I have my own little guy do I really have the energy to be raising someone else children along with my own? Is it something to make a career doing?

I have never been one of those girls that knew exactly what they wanted to be when they grew up. One of my sisters (I have 5) has known since the earliest days that she wanted to be a teacher, the other is an amazing artist and I pray that her life's career will find her in something artsy and creative. One is now a lawyer and while she hates her current position, tax law can you blame her, she has a career. I have always loved kids, been surrounded by them because of my ginormous family and so "nanny'ing" is something that just worked. The money was great, the "co-workers" were wonderful (I know kids aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love 'em). It was a rewarding way to spend my days and get paid to color out of the lines, play with play dough, and snuggle with some pretty fabulous kids.

So now I find myself where I have been before, what to do with myself.....Sure I love being a mom, and if it were a job that paid the bills I'd be happy and content. Unfortunately, no matter how completely precious and adorable my little man is, he's not signing any paychecks and so this Baby Maker must find a way to make a living.

So the research begins, I am looking into all sorts of fields, mainly medical transcription. The training is pretty quick and something I can do from home. I can work from home once I'm certified, and its something that seems interesting to me. Learning all the lingo in medical fields, without the blood, guts, and gore. We'll see which road I take and where this journey takes me.... but for now.... I'm okay just being this little man's mama.


~Accidental Baby Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!