Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's moving day . . . errr weekend.... errr week

It cracks me up that the hubs honestly believed our entire lives, house, and little man could be moved in a day. Seriously, he thought 5 hours would be enough to load, unload, unpack and get "settled". I love the man to death, but come on !!!

So this is the week, a massive panic came over me Saturday afternoon while we were at his sisters house getting her moved/unpacked. I realized I was absolutely no where near ready. So since Sunday A.M. we have been packing, organizing, sorting and thank GOD throwing away. It is absolutely AMAZING how much crap we have accumulated. Not too mention how much baggage one little kid can have. (and he's only 11 weeks old!!!!)

Every room is boxes, mess and madness. There used to be some sense of order. But I am now to the point where everything is just getting tossed in boxes. So as long as it makes it to the new house I'll be happy.

I'm guessing the next few days are going to be insane.... so wish me luck, hopefully little man will survive :o) and his mommy won't go crazy in the process.

It's Adios Mi Amigos,

8 comments:

  1. There's a lot of moving going on lately...I'll be moving in 3 weeks! Need to start packing and cleaning out as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to get through this. We are finally settled in over here, and I'm sending some serious good mojo your way. My advice is this: When the moving truck shows up, grab your kid, a wrap and the perishables and go to the new house. Bring a bag of clothes to hang while you wait, and let your husband deal with them. When they arrive, tie the kid onto you and then direct. This worked really well for us; I just stood there and my husband ripped open boxes and the movers put things where I wanted it. It's the power of the baby; no one can deny the baby a newly set up home!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled across your blog and loved the name; I'm a new follower. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate packing!! We would get to the point where we were just chucking stuff in a dumpster. Anything to get it OUT of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny that your hubby thought you could move in a day! LOL. That gave me a good chuckle. I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times I've moved so I know how stressful it is. When you are moving, you quickly realize how much unneeded things you have aquired. You stumble upon things you haven't used in years. Hahaha. You'll get through it and breathe a big sigh of relief when it's all done. Good luck my friend!
    http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck moving. If you were already packed and organized, I could imagine you guys being able to move in 4 hours. Maybe your hubby has a magic wand? hehe

    Following from MBC, I went against the rules with 50 followers. I just like your blog so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I have a blog award for you! I love reading your blog and feel you deserve it! Stop by my blog, read my post and find your name to find out which award you've won :) Congratulations!
    http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I totally agree with you! Getting everything packed DEFINITELY takes more than a day! I think you got off easy on doing it all within a week. Haha! When I moved houses a few years ago, it took me about 2 weeks -- and that was with help! I just wanted to be sure that everything was safe and secure. Thankfully, I had great movers who took really good care of my stuff and helped me settle in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!