Friday, October 15, 2010

Freaking Friday - A day To Remember

 For those of you who don't know October 15 is a day is a A day to Remember.  A day to remember all of the families and parents that have lost little ones. I feel an ache in my stomach reading all of the stories of loss. I swept little man up in my arms this morning and snuggled him extra long. I have given him extra kisses and hugs and proabably annoyed the heck out of him but I just don't care.

Along these same lines one of my husband's co-workers was killed in an auto accident this week. The thing that has stuck with me and that I have not been able to shake no matter how hard I try; I saw the news that day and heard the story and didn't think twice. It wasn't until I knew that I actually knew the person involved that my heart broke. Why is it that we are so able to hear horribly sad news and not have it affect us until it touches our lives.

Today is a day of solitude for me. A day that every chance I get I'm lifting these families up to the heavens. And praying that every day is a day that I pray a little more often. I pray for the families I hear about on the news, strangers I don't know, loved ones I do know.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer on this Friday, but it's just the way it goes.




Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!