Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"just a mom"

Ugh as soon as the words came out of my mouth I was already mad at myself. I was shocked that it had happened. While going about my day, trying desperately to get the little man home and down for a nap I was asked by the friendly saleswoman "so what do you do" . . . an innocent question I know.

I guess the fact that was a looking at a rediculous pair of too cute for words sneakers lead her to asking. I mean. What 27 year old woman wears sneakers like that ... (well I do of course) .... and then it happened.

"oh I'm just a mom"

Just. A. Mom...... pahhhhlease

Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had. There are no sick days, vacation time, personal leave. It's a 24/7/365 rest of your life committment and I am elbows deep in the thick of it.

I swore to myself right then and there that never again would I say it like it's a bad thing, but rather... with pride and knowing that every single day I rock it!!!


Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!