Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tackle It Tuesday. . . Contentment

Why is it so hard to be content. I don't know what it is about life lately, but I just find myself left with this constant state of longing. I want things to be different. I am tired of how they are, but don't really know how to change them.

I am a lucky lady. I have a husband that loves me, a child that is amazingly perfect. Financially our bills are paid and food is on the table. We have a roof over our head, a car to drive us around. I mean, in so many ways my life is great. But why am I left with this feeling that something is lacking?


I am always a glass overflowing kind of girl. Always looking at the bright side, trying to find the good in life. But lately, I'm just stuck in the rain, with an empty glass, "why does life suck" kind of mood.

Is it a conscious choice I am making. Do I need to get a big old slap in the face and wake up to the reality. Is there perhaps something going on "inside" that is pressing down the joy that used to be overflowing.

I don't know. But today, I am choosing to count my blessings, even naming them one by one, trying desperately to see how good I have it and get back to that girl.... the one that loved her life and everything in it.

Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!