Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursdays - The Mother in Law(love)

Gratitude Creates It's Own Attitude 
Welcome to Thankful Thursdays
After the day I had yesterday, (if you didn't read, it involved maggot covered family rooms!!!!) I will welcome my mother in law with open arms and my bag packed and ready to run out the door. Every day that she comes to watch little man I am thankful from the bottom of my heart. But today, TODAY my friends I am so happy and thankful she is coming I'm writing at 12a.m.

I love my son, love is an understatement. As any mom can understand your children are your life, your every breath,  your pride and joy. I have never felt a love like this and cherish every second I have with him.

(So you don't think I'm a bad mom.)

I am looking forward to an 8 hour break tomorrow.

Part of my funk (been in this God awful, can't seem to shake it funnnnnnk)  is that I'm feeling completely under appreciated and overworked. Yes, I know we are a family of three. I only have one child to look after, a husband who works his tushy off every day providing for us so I can stay home and continue my education. But I kick butt around here. I am constantly caring for everyone else, and it seems that no one is caring for me. I'm not asking for anything crazy, just someone, anyone who puts me at the front of their mind. Hubs is wrapped up in work and job hunting (to get us back to Jersey). Little man is trying to tackle teething and crawling at the same time, so he obviously has his hands full. Although he is good for a great snuggle every now and then which makes this mama's heart happy.

I can't remember the last time that hubs has had to do more then wipe his own bottom around here. I take pride in knowing that I take care of my family. I have really struggled in becoming a "domestic goddess" and please know that I am no where near perfect or Martha Stewart. . . but I'm about as good as I'm ever going to get. (cooking, cleaning, laundry, and baby raisin')

And friends, it's down right exhausting. Tonight it hit me. My back is aching (haven't had a massage in F.O.R.E.V.E.R) , my feet are nasty (lack of pedicures), my hair is a mess (haven't seen to a salon in months).

Today is a day for me. . . . and I could not do it without my amazing Mama In Love. I hate the term mother in law when talking about my Mama-sitas because she is the most sweetest, lovable, little, cute, adorable, Hispanic Mama you will ever meet. She has taken me in as her own from the second we met,  before she ever officially knew I'd be joining her family. She has always done everything within her power to make me feel loved and cherished.

Today. ..Mama-sita ... I thank my lucky stars that you are in my life. Not just because you watch little man, but because you love him and care for him better then I do. You rescue me from my insanity and allow me the freedom to pursue my education, actually take a shower without having to listen for little man.



Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!