Thursday, October 14, 2010

Words of Wisdom on a Wednesday

 You are what you eat 

I've been thinking a lot about the old wives tales and the things my mom, grand-mom, and great-grandmother told me growing up. How many of them I will be using with my little guy, and how many really didn't seem to make any sense.

I'm sure if you're on Facebook you've seen the video of Jamie Oliver and a bunch of American Kids... if not... here ya go, I promise you you'll never look at a golden brown, crispy chicken nugget the same Jaime Oliver explains chicken nuggets

In my quest for awesomeness I have decided to prepare little man's baby food. Yes, it's a healthy option which was, of course, the #1 reason we did it. But it has honestly saved us a bunch of mullah. With trying to be a 1 income family every penny counts. I know what is going into his mouth with every single bite. I have the freedom to go to local farmers markets and grocery stores and choose the freshest, healthiest ingredients. I also have the flexibility of trying things that are not so common and have turned out to be oh so yummy.

While I don't really get the whole, you are what you eat idea. I do think that everything that goes in to our mouths has a role to play in the health and well-being of our bodies.

So for us. . ..  we are just trying to make the best choices possible.

Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!