Friday, October 22, 2010

Freaking Friday . . . Thrifty and Nifty

So I decided several weeks ago that I was going to start getting thrifty and nifty. Thrifty being that I was going to get serious about coupons. I envy those facebook status' that flaunt these amazing deals "bill was $128.75 and I only paid $23.75" . . . . I have one this one blog I stalk religiously that is always talking about her amazing deals and steals and I always wonder how in the world she does it.

So I got serious. I joined a website... of course what else do you do these days. I'm not gonna like it's a little bit overwelming. There is all of this lingo, abbreviations, that I have no clue what they mean. My thoughts are if I need a cheat sheet of terms just to understand how to save $$$$ maybe I'm not cut out for it.

And then just as I was giving up hope I stumbled across a simple easy coupon promo for a free 8X10 Print from Walgreens. Sure it's only a $3.99 value, but I was pumped!!!

I logged on... uploaded my picture and just like that in a matter of minutes, it was done. I used my walgreens trip as my outing for the day (I try to plan one venture a day to get me out of the house) and within 40 minutes from the time I started this little money saving adventure I was sitting at home, with my freebie 8x10 print in a frame on my coffee table :o)   (I'd take a picture of the picture cause I'm just that proud, but I can't find the cables for my camera :o( ) so use your imaginations, picture this in a beautiful silver frame sitting in the middle of my family room :o)



So yeah, it's no biggie ... but I"m pretty proud of my first day of being frugal .... now quick, hurry on over to Walgreens and get yourself a fab print for FREEEEE

Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!