Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 3 : "it is what it is"

Today is just one of those days baby. Not a stinking thing we can do about it. Your mom is feeling super yucky, headache, nauseous, and just all around blah. No your not getting a brother or sister, I'm pretty sure I'm just completely spent. Insomnia is kicking your mommies booty! Whileyou on the other hand, are sleeping with pure awesomeness and even getting the hang of the whole nap thing :o) so proud of you kid.

The moral of today is . . . "it is what it is". You'll learn that life isn't always what you expected. The important thing is recognizing it. Realizing that it's just the way it goes, and get on with it.

It is what it is.  Right now I'm struggling little man, I feel like you are the most amazing thing that has ever happened in my life. You are my miracle. The thing that I will always be the most proud of. No matter what other things I may accomplish or experience, absolutely nothing will ever compare to the complete joy and happiness you give me. I am sad that I am not able to share you with my family. That they are missing out on these amazing days. But. . . say it with me . . . (okay I know you can't talk) IT IS WHAT IT IS. . . I made the choice to move down here to be with your dad. While we didn't choose this exact moment in our lives to have you, you were sent into our lives (and remember God doesn't make mistakes). 

So I have realized that if I want all of your NJ familia to be active and connected with you in your life, it's up to me. . . I document every stinking thing you do. I know you'll hate me some day, but your just too stinking cute with your rolly polly self in the bath tub.... I sent them pictures almost every month and send as many video's as the world wide web can handle.

How does this apply to you. Your going to find yourself in situations that are always the greatest. . . make the most of them my love. Realize that "it is what it is" that nothing is forever and you gotta roll with it.

Say it with me now . . . It is what it is :o)


Adios Mis Amigos,

1 comment:

  1. this is a great post and a great attitude to have. The fact that you don't live near family stinks, but that's just how it is right now. I am in the same situation. The Navy keeps us moving away from family and friends and it is a struggle for me, but I am learning to just make the best of it and try as best I can to stay in touch with people. Attitude is key :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!