Monday, June 7, 2010

The Dishwasher Debacle

Here's the thing. . . .there is a certain ammount of finesse that is required when loading the dishwasher. Woman, you know what I'm talking about. I mean... it makes sense for the cups to go in a certain place, the plates in their rightful spot, please tell me I'm not alone in my thinking.  

Hubs was super awesome yesterday and cleaned up the kitchen while I was busy cleaning out the garage. I love this man to death. He is truly the love of my life. I can not imagine anyone else standing next to me through the crazy journey called Life.

This morning, I go into the kitchen for my morning ritual. Gulp down a mug of coffee, make little man's morning bottle, and empty the dishwasher so that it can be filled up throughout the day. 

I open the dishwasher and a  serving spoons falls out... that should have been my first clue. What in the world !?!??! remember when you were a kid and had to clean your room.... you jammed the mess under your bed, in your closet, and other other empty spaces available. This is kind of the idea of what I saw. I wish I could have taken a picture to show you the absolute disaray that was the pots, pans, plates, cups. But my phone was dead.

Not only was there no rhyme or reason, but he put things in with crusty food ... everyone knows you have to rinse before loading.... bless his heart.... he may be a husband, father, successful business man. But he is still that 9 year old little boy stuffing his mess away. So the entire contents got emptied and scrubbed in the sink, and then reloaded and rewashed.

Babe, I love you, thank you for cleaning up the kitchen! 

Adios Mis Amigos,

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha....LOL. THis is funny. It made me smile because I know exactly what you mean. I have a system as well. After doing it every day you find yourself with a system that works and this has happened to me too. My husband loaded it with food still on it and cups on the bottom part instead of the top and there was still plenty of room for more things. So, I ended up re-doing it, but at least he was helping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precisely why I don't complain that my husband doesn't do the dishes... LoL Not that I couldn't use the help from time to time, but if it has to be done, I'd rather it only be done once.

    He is also forbidden from doing any laundry that is not his own. Anyone who doesn't understand why jeans do not get washed with whites cannot touch my clothes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!