Friday, June 25, 2010

My new bedtime routine

So I figured, there is a reason why they tell new mama's to get their baby into a bedtime routine, it helps to get them ready to sleep amazing baby sleep.  . . with my long and crappy battle with insomnia I am at the point where I'm willing to try anything (short of the Michael Jackson version of ambien) to get some decent sleep.

Tonight is the night . . . I thought about what works for little man and literally went through it step by stepidy step.

A calming lavender infused bath. . . .a good lotion rub down to relax the muscles.... I read my bed time story (stories) (thank you google reader and my blog list that I LOVE!!!)  and am going to listen to my lullaby music (some lovely Norah Jones is on the menu tonight) ... praying to the sleep GODS that even one ounce of this works and I'm able to get some sleep...

We'll see how it goes... WISH ME LUCK!!!


 Adios Mis Amigos,

3 comments:

  1. good luck! The first year of Becca's life I gave her a bath EVERY night before bed and I did pretty much the exact same thing you did :) Hope it worked and you got some much needed rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I hope you got great rest last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( no luck girls.... While I did manage to sleep well it took me F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to fall asleep . . . . trying it again tonight for hope of "second times a charm"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!