Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 4: There's nothing like a new pair of sheets

Here's the thing my love. Sometimes life just sucks. I'm all about keeping your chin up, trying to find the bright side of things and making the most of it. But sometimes despite your most honest efforts you just need some time to curl up in bed under the covers and deal with things. I'm not saying become a hermit, more then a day (or two given the circumstance) makes you one of those people you see on your t.v. and is borderline manic depressive. I'll be sure to include a chart so you just how much "mopey" time your allowed.

For example, you get your heart broken by a girl, that is good for two days. (ok lets be serious any girl breaks your heart and mama will break her kneecaps) I am simply saying that sometimes, you need a day to just mope. Don't get dressed, don't exert any effort, just snuggle down in bed and examine your life.

Find something that gives you comfort, something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzily inside and go for it. (let me clarify, anything that is legal, doesn't hurt anyone else and won't hurt you either and go for it.) For your mama, there is nothing like a brand new pair of sheets. The good ones. We are talking 400thread count, Egyptian cotton. Send 'em through with some extra Lavender fabric softener and get ready to snuggle up. There's nothing more comforting in the world (to me at least). When I've had a crappy day (before you came into my life) I would come home, throw the sheets in the dryer and take a shower. By the time I was done, the sheets would be warm and toasty, and I'd be good to go.Always keep it in persespective and never let yourself get so mopey that you cross that very delicate line of "craziness" . . . but sometimes... life requires a day in bed, curled up under your covers with a new pair of sheets.

Adios Mis Amigos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... I LOVE MY READERS ... and love it when you take the time to comment!!!